Support available to schools

Find out about the support available to educational settings. 

The Primary Behaviour Support & Provisions Service (PBS&PS) supports children and young people with Special Educational Needs (SEN) arising from difficulties in the following SEN Categories:

  • Social, Behavioural, Emotional and Well-being (SBEW) 

The Service is a regional service made up of a team of professionals with knowledge, understanding and specific training in children’s behaviour, emotional health and wellbeing.

We provide training, advice and support and work in partnership for the effective inclusion of children with social, behavioural, emotional and wellbeing difficulties within pre-school settings, primary schools, learning support centres and special schools.

Telephone Advice and Support Helpline

We provide an advice and support helpline in response to social behaviour and emotional wellbeing concerns which arise in education settings with nursery and primary aged pupils.

The Telephone Advice and Support Helpline is available Monday to Friday 9am to 4:30pm on: 028 3831 4461.


Resources and support relating to a range of Social, Behavioural, Emotional and Well-being presentations can be found on High Five Resource Hub.

Special Educational Needs Coordinators (SENCos) may also access resources and whole-school training on a range of specific issues relating to supporting pupils with SBEW needs via the High Five Resource Hub.

The Social, Behaviour and Emotional Wellbeing Chapter is also a helpful resource for schools to support children who have or may have Special Educational Needs.


One of our roles is to support a child and their parents or carers while also building capacity of the staff within referring schools to support a range of SBEW presentations.

We offer a regional and school-based training programme, specifically designed for school staff at pre-school and primary phases. This includes an online training service that school staff may access via the Children and Young People’s Training Programme.

Alternatively, schools can request face-to-face training by completing the School Improvement and Professional Learning (SIP) Form which is available on AnyComms.

Similar content